Thursday, February 25, 2016

ch-ch-changes , not renewing my contract

Time to share the big change I am making.  In July my contract will be over and I will be coming back to the United States.  I decided not to renew as it seems time to come back to the US and look for a job in a congregation.  It was a tough decision as I have really enjoyed the work in PNG and have found it very rewarding.  However, after my father died I realized I felt the need to be closer to my family.  I also have been fighting nagging health issues that are more easily dealt with in the US.

I have had very mixed feeling and prayed a lot about it.  In many ways these last three and a half years have been both the most rewarding and the most difficult time in my life.  I have enjoyed the students very much and will miss working with them.  It is a rare privilege for someone with a MDiv to get to teach in a seminary.

I do plan to continue to give at least short bursts of sharing on this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment