Sunday, November 10, 2013

End of School Year Soon


It is hard to believe, but the school year is almost over. We have finished 7 out 9 weeks of class. Grades have to be turned in the middle of week 9 and all tests are to be given in Week 8. I am giving tests in 2 of my 4 classes. The other two classes were more project oriented. I am relieved that this semester is almost over. Teaching four new classes has been challenging. I think next year will be easier. At least I will have taught most of the classes before. However, I don't know for sure what I will teach. That is stressful sometimes, but also interesting. For example, teaching Church History Pt. 1 or Sios Histori Hap 1 as it is called here has been interesting. I know a lot more about arguments over the Nicene Creed and the nature of Christ than I ever thought I would. I guess it is true that you have to teach something to really learn it. It also is the closeup of activities. Tonight was the last English Language worship. Wednesday will be the last of my Wasmeri (advisory) group meetings. It was also the last day of sports also. We have been divided up into teams and there are volleyball games every Sunday. I haven't played, but have gone to cheer for my Blue team. We made it to the finals, but lost in the playoff. OK, time to work on the photocopies for tomorrow. There is only one rickety copier available, so one needs to make about 20 copies and then let it rest and cool off. Then you can come back on make some more an hour later. I am making copies for a class of 15, but I am trying to print on both sides of the page, which seems to be too much for it. We are supposed to have another copier on order. My prayers go up for it regularly. Most of my colleagues make very few copies, but I have not adjusted to that style of teaching yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment