Sunday, October 13, 2013

Community work day

It is community work day here on campus.  All the students and wives have to put in several hours of labor this afternoon. The house next door to me (one of the other missionary houses) is being cleaned up to be used as a guest house  I had asked for some women to come and clean the yard.  I just went and checked and there are 18 women at work.  They are using bush knives to trim the bushes and weed between the bushes.  They are also raking the grass and carrying away the cut grass with sheets of plastic.  It is amazing how much cleaning they are getting done.  There are also about 8 children with them, so there is a lot of action.  I just went and brought them some containers of water.  It is getting hot enough I was glad I was able to come back inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment