Monday, May 28, 2012

Getting Started

Many new things happening in my life right now.  The most important one is getting ready to move to Papua New Guinea.  I am starting this blog so I can share my adventures with everyone who is interested.  I hope to post two weeks or so when I am "in country".  However, I plan to post occasionally now in order to get used to writing a blog.

How did I get here?  After working as a college librarian, I decided 10 years ago that I wanted to be a pastor instead.  After graduating from Wartburg Theological Seminary in Dubuque IA I had trouble finding  a first congregation.  Then I applied for a job with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America's Global Missions division.  I have been accepted to  be a seminary teacher and librarian at Senior Flierl Seminary in Papua New Guinea.

No comments:

Post a Comment